Week 12: A Field Guide for the Hero's Journey


I really enjoyed reading A Field Guide for the Hero’s Journey and I truly enjoyed that it was not only a book from one point of view, but of also a religious view as well.  We were given so much insight from both the authors, Jeff Sandefer and Rev. Robert Sirico, about how we can find who we are, the people we should have around us, the paths we should or should not take, and when we get “home.”

I am hoping sometimes soon I can do the challenge Sandefer suggested we all do to find who we are from others and to be able to learn from their mistakes and successes. The challenge was called “Stars and Stepping-Stones” and we are to interview 10 or more people who are the same age, older or even younger. We are to ask them questions, get to know them and learn from them. These people are to help us to consider who we are and who we want to be.

I hope that as I “grow up” that I will be able to keep what I learned from this book and to remember my guardrails. To not lose myself because of temptations, money, or popularity.

Comments

Popular Posts